Memory error on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend let me try his G.SKILL 2x2GB DDR3 RAM today and I still had the same issue. I'm really hoping the updated BIOS chip fixes the issue when it comes in.

When you have a chance look at the bios revision on the motherboard itself and tell me what it is.
I kid you not, but when I tested my FX4100 on it, it didn't do that, even though it did not post due to incompatibility.
Check with Asrock forums and see what they know, check the manufacturers bios record notes and see if they noted a problem with any specific ram.

It maybe a iffy here as well, but look into replacing the cmos battery, even though the board is 2 years old it may help it with better ram if eventually fixed.

The BIOS sticker on the BIOS chip was revision 1.1, the required BIOS is like 1.4 or something. My theory was that the memory error was caused by some sort of required memory controller on the CPU not being available due to not having the right BIOS.

Also I checked the CMOS battery about a week ago when I got the chip in and it read about 3v which should be alright.

The BIOS sticker on the BIOS chip was revision 1.1, the required BIOS is like 1.4 or something. My theory was that the memory error was caused by some sort of required memory controller on the CPU not being available due to not having the right BIOS.

Also I checked the CMOS battery about a week ago when I got the chip in and it read about 3v which should be alright.

Hmm, if your bios chip does work let me know of it.
Really starting to wonder why newegg would still have that as open box sale last month and have so many return rates.... )_)

One man's junk is another mans treasure the way I see it. ;)

Well the new BIOS chip arrived and I still got the same error. I have no Idea what the problem could be now.

Well the new BIOS chip arrived and I still got the same error. I have no Idea what the problem could be now.

Sorry if my nerves seem to be abit shot as of right now, but before the end of day happens at 6pm, give them a call and speak with tier 2 tech-support and find out whats happening.

While calling them, I know your a technician but is the motherboard properly seated and grounded not causing esd problems ?
Thats the only thing that would stop it from posting up is improper installation.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you. Would you please tell us more detail about your system configuration? Please contact us at 909-590-8308. We can assist you shortly.

Thank you

AsRock SUPPORT
Tech Support Email: user@asrockamerica.com

The motherboard was installed correctly, I can't think of what would cause an improper ground.

The motherboard was installed correctly, I can't think of what would cause an improper ground.

Let me ask you this again, have you tried anything else besides gskill also have you made any attempts of contacting asrock ?
I am noticing your only testing with gskill, maybe for this board it may not like it.
Try crucial, kingston, or mushkin if someone can give you a loaner, I am running out of options here so please do what you can.

I've tried G.SKILL and Crucial. I don't have access to any other types of RAM. I'm waiting for a response from ASRock right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom