New PC problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

semex

Baseband Member
Hi. I just got a new PC recently. The programs I use the most keep giving me the "stopped working" error and close. Also I am getting the blue screen of death often. I downloaded amds catalyst control center to update my graphics drivers. Customer support said I shouldn't need to update anything else.
About Catalyst control center, I tried to uninstall all amd and reinstall unsuccessfully. So I rolled back my pc to have ccc again. Now when I update CCC it says installation complete(warning occured during installation. Myabe the drivers aren't updating right?

What programs do you use? What is the BSOD stop code? Try re-downloading CCC.

2 of the BSOD erors said Bbad Header and Memory managment. Programs, games and explorer. Every time I uninstal it it won't reinstal so i restored to previous date.

We need the STOP 0x00000## errors. That will tell us what your problem is.

That's what I was asking. Which programs?

If you're already in Windows, you can also do it by:

Start > Right click Computer > Properties > Advanced System Settings > under Startup and Recovery, click Settings > under System Failure uncheck "automatically restart" > Hit OK on all open dialogs and close out of open windows.

Now when you get a BSOD, give us the text in all caps at the top, the STOP code at the bottom, and if it gives you a driver file (.sys file) below the STOP code.

You could also upload the minidump files that were generated (C:\Windows\Minidump), and we can analyze them as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom