Need help building a laptop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't ever buy an eMachines, They all suck. Everyone I know that has, has had tons of issues with them. Plus there not built well.

i once worked on a lady's emachines desktop that she had had for 5 years, and i was the first person that ever worked on it, it had help up all that time through daily use, she said she rebooted it once a month... in the end i convinced her to buy a new comp anyways because it had reached quite past its lifetime, so she gave me the old monitor and computer :D, and then she bought a dell(the poor lady).

lazerman said:
Don't ever buy an eMachines, They all suck. Everyone I know that has, has had tons of issues with them. Plus there not built well.

^ was a popular saying with there old desktop machines. unless you have worked with there newer desktops then i'm pretty sure you had a totally different experience. there new notebooks are built very well. over the years emachines has become more customer friendly and there quality has increased dramatically. there customer support is alot more flexible as well...almost like OCZ's story. everyone used to hate them and there customre support sucked. now they are one of the BEST memory brands out there and there customoer support is awesome.

Where's Nubius? I think he can answer this question the best
lol I'm sorry, I was avoiding this question cause I know nothing of actually 'building' a laptop, shoulda come here sooner, sorry folks :D

And yeah the experiences I had with e-machines is that they sucked, completely sucked, but like 4W4K3 said, if we've only dealt with them way back when then we really don't know how it is now. Personally i'm never going to get dell, e-machine, or anything like that...although I'll have to say, my mom got a

HP Pavilion ze4400 (just read it off the laptop) and it's a really good laptop. She's had it for a while and it's been no problems whereas my dads gateway is already do for a trade in so it seems gateways laptops are somewhat iffy....her laptop has the 2400+ XP-M in it!! hehehehe But yeah anyway the basic point is, it seems that the HP Laptops are fairly well built as she's had this almost as long as my dads and hers is running strong whereas my dads has gone to crap rather quickly and his cd-burner drive crapped out for no reason a couple months back =/

Yeah I almost wanted to yank it out of her computer when I first wanted that chip, but I knew that wouldn't fly :p so I had to buy my own

Nubius said:
Yeah I almost wanted to yank it out of her computer when I first wanted that chip, but I knew that wouldn't fly :p so I had to buy my own

haha i asked to trade her my desktop 2400+ (when i had it) and she was like "it's still under warranty...can't open it". almost got it!:) she doesn't know much about computers.

haha i asked to trade her my desktop 2400+ (when i had it) and she was like "it's still under warranty...can't open it". almost got it! she doesn't know much about computers.
lol that's hilarious hehehe

Lol you guys are funny.... the Emachines i played w/ had a 64-bit athlon 3400+ and 1gig of DC3200. Plus a Radeon 9700 Mobile. Druel.... but it still sucked after he took SP2 out. My Alienware kicks its ass!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom