Just wanting to make sure i have this correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rhombus

Beta member
Hey,
I am currently looking to build a good gaming PC without going overboard on price.
I have a list of parts and just wish to make sure this would all work out, and would greatly appreciate it if someone would help me with that.

Parts list:
Case: Rosewill THOR V2 Gaming ATX Full Tower Computer Case, support up to E-ATX / XL-ATX
Hardrive:Seagate Barracuda ST31000524AS 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive x2
MB:ASUS Crosshair V Formula AM3+ AMD 990FX SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Gaming Motherboard with 3-Way SLI/CrossFireX Support and UEFI BIOS
Netcard:NETIS AD-1103 Giga Ethernet Adapter 10/ 100/ 1000Mbps PCI-Express 1 x RJ45
Video Card:XFX HD-687A-ZHFC Radeon HD 6870 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.1 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Cardx2
Power supply:CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX750 V2 750W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply
RAM:G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRLx2(Four sticks for 16gigs of ram)
CD Drive:ASUS Black 12X BD-ROM 16X DVD-ROM 48X CD-ROM SATA Internal Blu-ray Drive Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS - OEM

Thats is what i have so far, i just want to make sure i am not making a mistake with something and will regret it when i go to put this thing together.
Thank you for your time, and if you also have an suggestions please say those too.

Welcome to TF!

First off, what is your budget? We may be able to squeeze more out of it if we know what the limit is.

I would recommend using two hard drives (or a SSD and a hard drive), one for your OS and one for data. Where you install your other programs would depend on the size of the OS drive. i use a SSD for my OS, a HDD for my programs, and a couple of other HDDs for storage... but that's just me.

You really won't need a network card as all current motherboards come with onboard network connectivity. Most mid to top end boards will have giganet connections.

We might be able to milk more graphics performance out of a different card, but that would depend on the price. If you are using NewEgg then we might be able to snag some good combo deals.

Ditch the high end Asus AMD mobo and get a cheaper Intel 1155 mobo and a 2500k.
Also ditch the NIC, it isn't needed since 99% of all new boards have integrated gigabit.

Hi,
Thank you very much for your input and Yes i am using NewEgg. My budget Is within the $1500-$1600 range so i hope that helps with maybe figuring out what i could switch around.
Thank you again for your time!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom