when you can't share internet

Umm, more information? You need at least a modem. It routes your internet to your PC. A router is usually needed if you want multiple systems to connect to it.

Basically a modem is needed for anything past dial up and if your trying to connect multiple computers to the internet then you will need a router (or) a PC with 2 Ethernet ports, one going into the first pc then out of the first pc and into the second pc. or if your first computer is hooked up wirelessly then you can just use that one port and connect it to your other computer, You can do the same thing with consoles, from your pc to the console for internet.

How to Share an Internet Connection in Windows 7 - For Dummies

i already have a modem connected to one of my PC, i wanna share that connection to my laptop... do i still need ethernet to connect my PC to my laptop?

If your laptop and PC both as an ethernet port then connect a cable between the 2. Then on the PC that has the internet connection right click and go to properties. In there click sharing, and click share this connection. Your laptop should then see the internet through the PC.
An easier way would be to simply get a router.

there is only 1 ethernet port in my PC and sad to say it s connected to the internet.... but my laptop still has its own unused port... so, do i get a LAN card for my PC?

Please don't double post. Edit button under your recent posts.

Are you using wireless on your laptop? for that, you need a wireless router.

Back
Top Bottom