Weird problems regarding laptop. Help!

Hmm, so this probably means, whatever problems I'm having is with the OS possibly. While avi videos now work fine and many programs work fine, in some areas it still has some lags. I mean, a 2.5Ghz i5 and 4GB Ram shouldn't be lagging when scanning fonts in MS Publisher. Scanning fonts in InDesign is quick though.

If you're still having issues, then you may want to consider just reinstalling the OS.

Just curious, what all DOES have "lag" issues? Could be access times, or an HDD that spun down, but is spinning back up causing "lag". Such as when going to access fonts in Office. Defragment lately? Only other thing I could think of is some form of file corruption, or junk software bogging certain things down...

So far I'm seeing lag in accessing menus for Corel Draw and PhotoPaint, and in MS Office programs. Adobe Acrobat also has lag when accessing menus and options in the tool bar, but other my other Adobe products have no issues. Assassins Creed Brotherhood also has lags, but its weird that it lags at start, but 5min into the game it plays rather smooth. There are sound issues though where the dialogue and background music sometimes disappears every couple of minutes but not enough to disrupt game play. Another person from a different site had the same problem in the game and found it was caused by a damaged hard drive.

Also, my old Toshiba laptop (which my lil sis now uses at home to play games) had a similar experience where I commute a lot with it and eventually the hard drive developed too many bumps and bad sectors it had to be replaced (according to the Toshiba technician).

Although I realize that I have been using CleanMyPC on my computer, and I think maybe I should stop it and reformat.

So might be the RAM then but if it's only certain parts of the program then maybe not. Will post a bit more later.

So far, I don't think its RAM. It says I have 50 to 20% free depending on what I'm running, and it still lags a bit in some areas. Sometimes it does, sometimes it doesn't. I'm leaning toward possible Windows problems. I'm still running on the stock system HP gave me with the device.

What exactly lags. You mentioned Adobe lags on the occasion along with Corel and MS office. And Assasins Creed so maybe this has something to do with your drivers? Are they up to date?

Hi, So far i understand I think you have some fragments in the HD. So pl do defragmant for all the drives.

Back
Top Bottom