Still happening. :(

TheHumanComputer

Daemon Poster
I posted a thread about my pc randomly freezeing. and well, It is still doing it. ( I dont know where the thread has gone)

When im playing WoW, the pc just freezes, un-freezes, and freezes and so on, does this when im not playing any games as well. I dont get no error message or anything.

My drivers seem to crash as well, says they stoped working, and have recoverd. (They are up-to-date)

I dont know if this is bottlenecking or what, i have never done over-clocking or anything.

Can someone please help me fix this. Whatever you suggest, ill have a try at doing it.

I don't remember what we did before, but have you checked temperatures? Have your drivers up to date? Drivers for your GFX card are crashing? Have you run chkdsk on your HDD?

I don't remember what we did before, but have you checked temperatures? Have your drivers up to date? Drivers for your GFX card are crashing? Have you run chkdsk on your HDD?

According to Speedfan, my temps are very low. on idle they are at about 25oC, when playing wow its at about 30-45oC, my GPU is at 47oC, because i have EVGA precision on. Yes my drivers are up-to-date as far as im aware off. and, should i do another chkdsk?

Here is a chkdsk

The type of the file system is NTFS.

WARNING! F parameter not specified.
Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.

CHKDSK is verifying files (stage 1 of 3)...
165888 file records processed.
File verification completed.
222 large file records processed.
0 bad file records processed.
2 EA records processed.
44 reparse records processed.
CHKDSK is verifying indexes (stage 2 of 3)...
212516 index entries processed.
Index verification completed.
0 unindexed files scanned.
0 unindexed files recovered.
CHKDSK is verifying security descriptors (stage 3
165888 file SDs/SIDs processed.
Security descriptor verification completed.
23315 data files processed.
CHKDSK is verifying Usn Journal...
36946848 USN bytes processed.
Usn Journal verification completed.
The Volume Bitmap is incorrect.
Windows found problems with the file system.
Run CHKDSK with the /F (fix) option to correct th

976751968 KB total disk space.
166779924 KB in 96347 files.
59816 KB in 23316 indexes.
324 KB in bad sectors.
298364 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
809613540 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
244187992 total allocation units on disk.
202403385 allocation units available on disk.

If you did a chkdsk already, there isn't much a reason to do it again.

I find speedfan to be a bit dodgy on temps. Can you verify that HWMonitor is showing the same temps?

I find speedfan to be a bit dodgy on temps. Can you verify that HWMonitor is showing the same temps?

Yep, HW monitor says my cpu is at 40, and gpu is at 47-48.

*EDIT* ok, so apprently my drivers WHERE out of date.... lol. i have just updated them, so hopefully it will fix the graphics crashing problem.

According to Speedfan, my temps are very low. on idle they are at about 25oC, when playing wow its at about 30-45oC, my GPU is at 47oC, because i have EVGA precision on. Yes my drivers are up-to-date as far as im aware off. and, should i do another chkdsk?

Here is a chkdsk

The type of the file system is NTFS.

WARNING! F parameter not specified.
Running CHKDSK in read-only mode.
*snip*
Run CHKDSK with the /F (fix) option to correct th

976751968 KB total disk space.
166779924 KB in 96347 files.
59816 KB in 23316 indexes.
324 KB in bad sectors.
298364 KB in use by the system.
65536 KB occupied by the log file.
809613540 KB available on disk.

4096 bytes in each allocation unit.
244187992 total allocation units on disk.
202403385 allocation units available on disk.
You need to do a full chkdsk with the /f and /r flags to fix the issues present on your drive. Open up a command prompt as Administrator, and type the following without quotes:
chkdsk c: /f /r

It will say something about that it can't lock the current drive, and if you want to schedule a check on next reboot. Choose to do so, and then reboot your computer and it should run.

He should run it again, because he didn't specify the /f and /r flags. It was only ran in read-only mode as shown above in the log, so nothing was actually fixed.

You need to do a full chkdsk with the /f and /r flags to fix the issues present on your drive. Open up a command prompt as Administrator, and type the following without quotes:
chkdsk c: /f /r

It will say something about that it can't lock the current drive, and if you want to schedule a check on next reboot. Choose to do so, and then reboot your computer and it should run.

He should run it again, because he didn't specify the /f and /r flags. It was only ran in read-only mode as shown above in the log, so nothing was actually fixed.

Exactly however I can understand the reasoning behind MindoverMaster's post

According to that log he posted, he didn't. There were only 3 stages in that log; chkdsk /f /r has 5 stages. At the end of the log it also said it was ran only in read-only mode, even though problems were found, they couldn't be fixed because of that.

Hi all, sorry for the late reply, i fell asleep lastnight, I just had chkdsk /f and /r running, and its done all 5 steps, took about 4-5 hours to do :eek:

The computer seems to boot up without it freezing now, which is a good sign i guess? Lol. My drivers are now up=to-date as well. as they where out-dated.

Back
Top Bottom