Pipe tobacco

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are two very big differences between pipe tobacco and cigarette tobacco, how it's cured, and the cut, oh, and tax rates.

A one pound bag of pipe tobacco lasts me ~1 month at about 1 pack per day, same with cigarette tobacco. But, it's around $70 cheaper a month here.

Pipe tobacco NEEDS to stay at a certain moisture content, some tobacco blends are good at 40%, some at 60%. But if you let it dry out or become too moist it won't smoke right, at all, and a lot of that has to do with the cut and the way it was cured.

One other difference, how it hits. Pipe tobacco hits harder, BUT, I don't have as nearly many problems with my breathing as I do from cigarette tobacco for one reason. It doesn't have the same stuff added to it. These days I pick up a pack of regular old cigarettes once in awhile when I want something tasty and not cheap, but if I smoke that whole pack I am gasping for air, where a pack of cigs using pipe tobacco I feel perfectly fine.

I was looking more for a "I like this over this because", but I got what you were saying.

I can't really suggest a brand, I am allergic to most species of tobacco plants, and have found if I am cautious my favorite brand is CrissCross after I let it dry out just a bit, but they seem to mix in a species that I am allergic to in the winter months.

If you are a smoker, you could probably get small cheap sample packages from an outlet of various blends to see what ya might like. I thought about getting a bit of everything, till I discovered I am allergic to most all tobacco plants.

I can't really suggest a brand, I am allergic to most species of tobacco plants, and have found if I am cautious my favorite brand is CrissCross after I let it dry out just a bit, but they seem to mix in a species that I am allergic to in the winter months.

If you are a smoker, you could probably get small cheap sample packages from an outlet of various blends to see what ya might like. I thought about getting a bit of everything, till I discovered I am allergic to most all tobacco plants.
I am not a smoker. I only dig out the pipe here and there on vary rare occasions. Like last week when it was calmly raining I decided to go sit on the steps, watch the rain, and have a nice smoke. I just wanted to see if people preferred something over something here but I guess nobody but you and I are pipe smokers lol.

Right now I have some generic french vanilla tobacco that smells good. I'm no pro or anything (barely can pack it right to stay lit) so taste or quality is kinda eh to me.

I smoke between 20 & 30 cigarets a day, and do not have the same problem I do with pipe tobaco as I do with tailor mades. Here in the UK, promo samples are baned full stop. And now shops cant even show the cigarets on the shelves let alone advertize them. I've allways enjoyed flavoured tobacco, but one brand I do like is bruno ready rubed. Now I will tell you and everyone here on tech-forums, I am probily to young to smoke a pipe at 26 years old. But their is just something about the flavour and quality of and the pleasure of a pipe as opposed to a cigarette. Verry pleasureable. But my choice is Bruno. :thumbsup:

PP, you will eventually learn how to pack a pipe just right, takes time, I very rarely pull out an actual pipe, mostly because, well, the one I have has a flavored filter in it, and it needs changed out often when smoked on, otherwise it gets a bit funky tasting.

I am 23, pipe smoking is normal for anyone IMO, it's just a way to smoke, some love it, some enjoy it, some hate it.

Here you can't get "promo" packs, but, you can still legially obtain different blends/brands together in packages at some shops, but that is only concerning pipe tobacco, I haven't seen cigarette tobacco sold that way, ever.

I smoke between 20 & 30 cigarets a day, and do not have the same problem I do with pipe tobaco as I do with tailor mades. Here in the UK, promo samples are baned full stop. And now shops cant even show the cigarets on the shelves let alone advertize them. I've allways enjoyed flavoured tobacco, but one brand I do like is bruno ready rubed. Now I will tell you and everyone here on tech-forums, I am probily to young to smoke a pipe at 26 years old. But their is just something about the flavour and quality of and the pleasure of a pipe as opposed to a cigarette. Verry pleasureable. But my choice is Bruno. :thumbsup:
Pipes are typically associated with older people but I don't see why younger people can't smoke them. To me, it just seems a more "pure" way to smoke. I have puffed on a cig before and wanted to gag and puke my lungs out (yes I meant to put that). Pipe tobacco doesn't have that same effect on me I guess because it isn't "industrialized".
Then again, I am called an old man sometimes because of how I am set in my ways, smoke a pipe, and prefer a nice scotch over a beer.

PP, you will eventually learn how to pack a pipe just right, takes time, I very rarely pull out an actual pipe, mostly because, well, the one I have has a flavored filter in it, and it needs changed out often when smoked on, otherwise it gets a bit funky tasting.

I am 23, pipe smoking is normal for anyone IMO, it's just a way to smoke, some love it, some enjoy it, some hate it.

Here you can't get "promo" packs, but, you can still legially obtain different blends/brands together in packages at some shops, but that is only concerning pipe tobacco, I haven't seen cigarette tobacco sold that way, ever.
Yea I'm getting the hang of packing it to where it will stay lit a few minutes before going out. I just very rarely smoke so don't get much practice. I'd say I dig the pipe out maybe once every 2-3 weeks.

30!?!?!?!?!? You must be the descendant of Jesus if you're still living..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom