Temp Help!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

EVOBear

Solid State Member
Hey guys, i have a Core 2 Extreme and all of the core temps are floating around the 90s C. I dont know why, i have a h50 on it. But i dont know why it is that high. And there is no load on it. Help would be nice!

Thanks

You might have a faulty sensor. But let's go through the checkpoints. Is your fan working? Have you cleaned it of dust recently? When is the last time you reapplied thermal grease? Does you case have good cooling? (fans in front blowing in, fans in back blowing out)

When is the last time you reapplied thermal grease?

41fcsOz36uL._AA300_.jpg

Very good call mind, I'm betting 5 bucks he did not put enough grease on it and seal it down correctly for the heat to be absorbed right.

Sorry it took so long to reply, i was at the movies. I recommend the Avengers. But anyway, yes i have the pump and fan plugged in. I also have 2 120 mm fans blowing in and 1 120mm fan blowing out in the front of the case. I also think it might be too much paste but im unsure, ill take the system apart and upload a picture. Or it may be too little, But surprisingly the system doesnt crash with ridiculous temps. The processor fried my last board which was unable to handle the 130w of power it drew, but this board should be fine. Thanks again for the help

Sorry it took so long to reply, i was at the movies. I recommend the Avengers. But anyway, yes i have the pump and fan plugged in. I also have 2 120 mm fans blowing in and 1 120mm fan blowing out in the front of the case. I also think it might be too much paste but im unsure, ill take the system apart and upload a picture. Or it may be too little, But surprisingly the system doesnt crash with ridiculous temps. The processor fried my last board which was unable to handle the 130w of power it drew, but this board should be fine. Thanks again for the help

No need to take a picture for that type of cooler, I recommend you put 2 pea size drops on it.

o

o

If you know have to much and its all over the cpu there goes your problem right there.
Luke, if his system peaked up to about 95% in 3 minutes, either he had to much grease or forgot to hook up the 3 pin or 4pin connector on the mobo.
His motherboard would of quickly shut down to prevent damage which is very good thing, thats why I said what I did to mind about it.

If his system is on now and stays at 95% his mobo temps are wrong, I think a small bios update would correct it as well.
We'll see what happens though....

so i think i had too little, but temps still seem higher than they should, they are at about 70C now, with no load, the temp inside the case is pretty cool about 29C, on my old board the temps were at about 41C and that is what i would like them at.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom