Is my list of computer parts compatible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sir Shampoo

Solid State Member
so im going to build my first gaming computer soon, and I have selected a list of parts. but I am very afraid of them not being compatible, and waste my money. here is my list:

motherboard: asus P8Z77-V pro Z77 S-1155 ATX IVY
procesor: intel core i7 3770K 3,5hz 8mb s-1155 IVY
graphics card: asus geforce gtx 570 directcu II 1280mb pci-e dvi/hdmi
harddrive: seagate barracuda 2TB 7200rpm sata/600 64mb
powersupply: Corsair GS 800W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V
RAM: corsair 8gb ddr3 vengeance l pc3.12800 1600mpz cl9 (2X4GB)

dont think the other stuff is important, but if is it, tell me to write it in.
ps. i'll be happy if you rate the rig too.
thanks.

Yeah its all compatible.

Only other things that might matter is making sure the case can hold an ATX board, and if you get an aftermarket CPU cooler making sure the RAM heatspreaders won't interfere with it.
Course most cases can hold ATX, and if you're getting the low-profile vengeance then that is a non-issue.

ps. i'll be happy if you rate the rig too.

Yes, that build is awesome. It's gonna be great for gaming.

You didn't provide a budget, do you have one? Maybe we can give some suggestions for different part choices. In my opinion, I would drop the i7 ivy bridge for the i5 ivy bridge (an i7 isn't really needed for gaming) OC the i5, and get a little better GPU.

Nonetheless, it's fine how it is.

ok, i added a new 800W PSU to the post. my budget is around 1600-2000 dollars, my rig curently costs around 2000 dollars (in Norway stuff is expensive!) so i dont see how i can upgrade the GPU, i would love if could suggest something around the same price. can i overclock the i5 to speeds above 4.0ghz?

ok, i added a new 800W PSU to the post. my budget is around 1600-2000 dollars, my rig curently costs around 2000 dollars (in Norway stuff is expensive!) so i dont see how i can upgrade the GPU, i would love if could suggest something around the same price. can i overclock the i5 to speeds above 4.0ghz?

Yes, the I5 will overclock higher than 4ghz.

Intel Core i5-3570K Gaming Performance | bit-tech.net

ok, here is a updated list:
motherboard: asus P8Z77-V pro Z77 S-1155 ATX IVY
procesor: intel core i5 3570K 3.4hz 6mb s-1155 IVY
graphics card: Asus geforce GTX 670 2GB PCI-E DVI/HDMI/DP
harddrive: seagate barracuda 1TB 7200rpm sata/600 64mb
powersupply: Corsair GS 800W ATX12V 2.3 / EPS12V
RAM: corsair 8gb ddr3 vengeance l pc3.12800 1600mpz cl9 (2X4GB)

im buying everything at Dustinhome (much cheaper) and they didn't have that card, so i went with the asus geforce gtx 670 instead. this is at the end of my budget so i cant spend more. if i should change something please tell me, i really want to order it! also do i need more cooling than the water cooling for the CPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom