Random

Status
Not open for further replies.

ThirtySixBelow

Daemon Poster
Sometimes i will be sitting at the computer and then get the blue screen of death out of no where with no common reason for it doing it. Then other times I will leave my computer and come back and the monitor will still be on and in regular mode but it will be completely blank with just a black screen and I can't get it back to my desktop without restarting. This error has never occured while I was on the computer, it only does it when I leave it alone. The blue screen of death only seems to happen when I am doing something. Do you think the two are related, and if so any suggestions as to the problem. I'm just tired of the damn blue screen of death restarting my computer for no reason, and comming back to a black screen and having to restart.

I know my temps are fine, I have mbm5 and my cpu is at around 45C. I have 4 case fans to keep the overall temp down to around 27C.

PS I am running XP pro SP2, it's not in my sig.

SP2 isn't the problem, it wasn't doing this for the first 2 months or so that I had it. I don't really feel like backing everything up, reinstalling, and reloading everything...

sp2 has been reported to freeze many comps, id say reinstall or deal with the annoyance til they release a service pack to fix their service pack 2(gotta love microsoft)

I have xp-pro with sp2 on a couple of machines and they do fine for me. As to the crash situation, I would think this annoying and difficult problem through and not tear your machine apart. List some possible sources of the problem and go from there. As an example PSU can create intermittent problems as can a loose cable. If you decide to look around the motherboard remove the power cord from the computer, it will prevent power accidents. If the power supply has seen a few hot summer months it may be ready for replacement. Mine died after two years. So basics in my opinion would be to insure connectors are secure, boards are seated OK and blow away dust in the PC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom