Raspberry Pi

Status
Not open for further replies.

slice

Beta member
Hello Tech Forums.

I have a feeling many of you are already familiar with the Raspberry Pi.
I really wanted to know how many of you either own a board, are planning to buy a board and what your uses would be if you were to buy one.

The Raspberry Pi foundation is a charity so you do support them by purchasing a Pi. Since they are so cheap I would strongly encourage you all to buy one.

I bet that Raspberry PI would make for a really nice htpc, I would love to try that too but I do not have an led tv yet. I watch some tv on my pc with my hauppauge card but my living room still has a crt tv, I know....living "old fashioned"

I pre-ordered mine the day after the launch. Woke up at 1am the night of the launch to pre-order one but the servers of the distributors were over loaded and couldn't get through. Finally found a sub-company of Element 14 (thank god I was following the twitter feed) that sold in Canada and ordered from them the day after the launch.

I finally have gotten a message from Newark that it will be shipped during the last week of May/first week of June.

I cannot wait to get it.
It will probably get to me (Canada) around mid June so will be looking forward to that.

My father is a carpenter so with my RasPi, I will be making a coffee table mod. My dad and I will build a coffee table, with space for the RasPi in it. By then hopefully a touch screen will have been determined to work properly with the RasPi, so that I can interact with it by touchscreen. The plan is to use the touchscreen/RasPi combination to create a universal remote for my entertainment system. I have already found how to make my own IR emitter and how to send the signals from the RasPi. I have also found the control codes for my TV and now I just need to find the codes that control my cable box.

Then all I have to do is write a little program, with a nice GUI (so the girlfriend can use it easily) that will send out the signals and control my system.

Once again .... I cannot wait lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom