Building new computer to play games on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Australia

Solid State Member

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P

Processor: AMD FX-4100

RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory

DVD: ASUS DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS Black SATA 24X DVD Burner

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Power Supply:LOGISYS Computer PS550ABK 50Watts ATX12V Power Supply W/SATA

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium

Ok that's all my specs if you need to know anything else ask, but will this all be compatible all together? Will it run smoothly?

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P

RAM: Kingston HyperX Blu 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 Desktop Memory

HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB 7200 RPM 32MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

Ok that's all my specs if you need to know anything else ask, but will this all be compatible all together? Will it run smoothly?

Also a Sapphire Radeon HD 6850 for my Video Card

Motherboard:
Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P

Motherboard isn't compatible with that chip. You need an AM3+ board to use any FX chip.

For 8GB of RAM you will need to make sure the copy of Windows you buy is 64bit.

Absolutely do not cheap out on your power supply. Get a name brand unit from Corsair, Antec, Thermaltake, OCZ, ect.

Motherboard isn't compatible with that chip. You need an AM3+ board to use any FX chip.

For 8GB of RAM you will need to make sure the copy of Windows you buy is 64bit.

Absolutely do not cheap out on your power supply. Get a name brand unit from Corsair, Antec, Thermaltake, OCZ, ect.

I know about not being cheap on the Power Supply, and I've been told by several people that the motherboard is compatible with a FX-4100, and I've seen it around on the internet people saying that it is too?

I know about not being cheap on the Power Supply, and I've been told by several people that the motherboard is compatible with a FX-4100, and I've seen it around on the internet people saying that it is too?
I say this because if you are asking about the board then you will probably be highly uncomfortable flashing the bios to make the chip work in the board.

That Logisys PSU is junk. You will want something from a name brand of at least 600w.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom