Memory error on startup

Status
Not open for further replies.

35g700

rustle rustle
I finished my secondary computer build today and when I start it I get 3 error beeps indicating a memory error.

This is the motherboard I'm using: ASRock > Products > 880GMH/USB3 R2.0

This is the RAM I'm using: Newegg.com - CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model CMZ8GX3M2A1600C9R

I know the RAM is good because it works fine in my i5 2500K setup. I'm not to familiar with AMD things but I was wondering if the RAM voltages could be the issue. I know that the voltage for the RAM I'm using is designed to run at 1.5v, which if I remember correctly is a sandy bridge thing. Could the ASRock motherboard I'm using require 1.65v RAM?

Thanks for the help.

Yep, I've tried each slot on the board and I get the same error beeps each time.

EDIT: The actual beeps I'm getting are 3 short beeps that repeat forever.

That sounds similar to the three beeps of death is what I call it anyway. Are you sure that the MB can handle that amount of RAM? an I5 is a pretty powerful CPU and MB?

The board says it can handle up to 16GB of RAM so it shouldn't be an issue. I just ordered an updated BIOS chip that will hopefully fix my issue.

Hope it does lol cause I got nothing left in my brain that could get anywhere near solving this. *sigh* Will research about the issue and come back later

Hope it does lol cause I got nothing left in my brain that could get anywhere near solving this. *sigh* Will research about the issue and come back later

Your computer has memory problems. First check video. If video is working, you'll see an error message. If not, you have a parity error in your first 64K of memory. First check your RAM's. Reseat them and reboot. If this doesn't do it, the memory chips may be bad. You can try switching the first and second banks memory chips. First banks are the memory banks that your CPU finds its first 64K of base memory in. You'll need to consult your manual to see which bank is first. If all your memory tests good, you probably need to buy another motherboard.
3 Short Beeps

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
That ram right there, if the mobo does not like it, I recommend you give it something better and at a lower speed Like I told 35g700 last night.

If it had to be anything else I would start off with mushkin or normal DDR3 kingston ram.
Not all AM3 motherboards like handling what intel does at times. >_>

Your computer has memory problems. First check video. If video is working, you'll see an error message. If not, you have a parity error in your first 64K of memory. First check your RAM's. Reseat them and reboot. If this doesn't do it, the memory chips may be bad. You can try switching the first and second banks memory chips. First banks are the memory banks that your CPU finds its first 64K of base memory in. You'll need to consult your manual to see which bank is first. If all your memory tests good, you probably need to buy another motherboard.
3 Short Beeps

CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600
That ram right there, if the mobo does not like it, I recommend you give it something better and at a lower speed Like I told 35g700 last night.

If it had to be anything else I would start off with mushkin or normal DDR3 kingston ram.
Not all AM3 motherboards like handling what intel does at times. >_>

Okay really need to do research.

My friend let me try his G.SKILL 2x2GB DDR3 RAM today and I still had the same issue. I'm really hoping the updated BIOS chip fixes the issue when it comes in.

Let us know what happens when the chip comes. I really think it might have something to do with the RAM chip itself but that is just one of my theories.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom