I'm going to do something stupid, please advise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post pics for me when it's finished please, I would like to see it.

This is assuming im still here in a few years when you get the money :p

Like everyone else is saying, this build may be good but it is really really pointless. Might as well buy a decent rig then another good one in a few years. Or if you really want to build pc's for a hobby then consider building and selling pc's. That way you won't be losing money.

Hey, I've recently finished a build for gaming;
AMD dc 4100 @4.7GHz
8gb DDR3 1333 ram
Hd 6870
Ocz agility 3 SSD
Coolermaster storm
Corsair H60
1TB storage

For the record, I hate you and your new mouth watering 200.00+ parts. :devil:
I know its exciting to build something this good, but save your dollars towards something else important.

You never know when you might not have a roof over your head or food or get sick when life hits you on a unsudden note.
Just get into the habit of updating your pc once or twice a year and look at the sales happening.

It won't kill you to wait, you said your 18 so look into boosting up your education and getting your life plans in order for the future.

Have fun being at 4.7ghz also joking about the first line of my post. :)

Haha, for the record I'm in college doing electronic engineering & I have a roof I cant say why but it wouldnt take me that long to raise the Money
I have no outgoings - living at home I don't need to pay for much :)

Or savings. You never know what will happen in the future. Take it from a guy who made a decent amount of money, was building his life, then was homeless 2 years later.

have you considered building an impressive computer with half that money and giving away the rest to charity?

So TRUE. There is absolutely no point in running more than 1 GTX 690, the PC will probably not even bother using the rest of the GTX 690s.

8 ssds is also pretty pointless.

No one is telling you not to do this (actually yeah). We're just saving you from a HUGE waste of money. That's more than an enthusiast build. With $2000 you can easily build yourself a beast gaming PC, but I think your current one is enough :O.

Just think this through before you do "something stupid" as your title suggests.

Yes I know it is pointless, I totally agree. It's a massive waste of money & time. But this is something I've wanted todo for a good few years. My view is that I might not be able to do this in the future with costs rising and jobs harder to come by I'd be kicking my self for as long as I live if I missed the opportunity to do this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom