LCD Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickexists

Beta member
I have a small lcd that I've taken out of a broken projector. I'm interested in setting up the LCD panel (no backlight or anything) to be controlled by a computer. It has a ribbon connector that has about 32 connections on it. Does anyone know of a controller type circuit that would allow me control the lcd with a computer. It would work if it just connected to the display of the computer or if I had to write some sort of Matlab program to load an image onto the screen. Thankyou.

Don't know of one off hand... but what exactly kind of LCD display from a projector is it? Is it a control panel from the projector? The actual screen that gets projected onto a wall?

You would probably have to make the controller yourself, as well as program it yourself to interface with the LCD, as I'm assuming it has fairly proprietary connections for the projector.

This is all assumption, however.

It's one of the three screens that gets projected on the wall (one for each color). It has a ribbon connector with approximately 32 connections. It came from a Sharp XG-nv3xu projector. I haven't been able to find a part number for the screens though.

The lamp runs through a set of optics that separates out the red, green, and blue light. Each of these beams then goes through separate lcd panel (screen). the three beams of light are then recombined and projected through the lens.

Maybe you can cannibalize parts from the projector? But like I said, I'm pretty sure nothing like this exists already, so you would probably have to end up making something yourself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom