Disk Write Protected

Status
Not open for further replies.

kevz08

Beta member
Hi guys,

I have a problem, I can't remove the Write Protection on my USB Flash Drive.

I've tried to remove using Registry Editor, but nothing happened.

It doesn't have a physical switch.

Can you help me?

Thanks in advance.

-kev

How old/used is it? It is possible that it has reached the end of its life. I know the SD cards used in the studios at work will do this.

This doesn't give much info can you go a bit deeper? How old is it or has it been used A LOT in the time you have owned it, System Specs etc?

I used it for 4 months, I'm just copying files from others PC to my USB Drive, unfortunately it didn't finished copying files then the Disk Write Protection enabled, I can't delete, copy, or even format..

I've working on Windows XP SP3 OS, 1Gb ram, Intel core2duo processor.

Okay first you may want to upgrade your OS to a newer one as XP SP3 runs out of support in 2014 also I would suggest wiping the USB with a program.

Okay first you may want to upgrade your OS to a newer one as XP SP3 runs out of support in 2014 also I would suggest wiping the USB with a program.
He already said he can't format it...

I used it for 4 months, I'm just copying files from others PC to my USB Drive, unfortunately it didn't finished copying files then the Disk Write Protection enabled, I can't delete, copy, or even format..

I've working on Windows XP SP3 OS, 1Gb ram, Intel core2duo processor.

Have you tried it on another computer? If another computer gives the same issues, then the flash drive is toast. If it does work on another computer and still not on your system, then we'll have to continue troubleshooting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom