First boot problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay now we are running out of options. Worst case scenario you need to go buy another PC. Best case we can fix the current one. In the middle well kinda fixed but half broken I guess?? Anyway where does it go to now? Still to the DMI settings?

Disconnect the hard drive from your system and see if it gets past the dmi hang and see if you can get into the bios. Set the bios to the native IDE. You can reset the bios back to the factory defaults by removing the battery and jumping out the pins on the board....refer to your motherboard manual for the proper procedure.
If you can get into the bios with the drive connected then make your optical drive the first device in the boot order.
Get the Data Lifegard Tools for DOS from Western Digital
WD Support / Downloads / SATA & SAS / WD Caviar Blue / SE / SE16 (SATA II)
Burn the .iso to make a bootable cd disk and boot up the pc with this disk. You can use this to check and run a diagnostic program to determine the health status of your hard drive
If you get the dmi hang with the drive connected then you'll need to check this drive in another pc or get a known good hard drive in your new build and see if that works

Funny you mention that HowtoGeek thing Carnage as I read just as you posted that lol. I am a registered member of HowtoGeek Forums :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom