Knows nothing needs alotta help.

Status
Not open for further replies.
gtx 670 for sure.
90% of the performance of a gtx 680 for 25% less. (not an AMD guy)

I don't know which tutorial said the power supply doesn't matter much, they are wrong. You are 15, I am sure you know how important a balanced diet is. a crap power supply feeds your PC crap power.

you should figure out your budget.

Really If I can run WoW on ultra settings il be fine its my goal for my first build but like I said I have no idea what you guys are saying and I feel really dumb for not understanding.Soooo can someone explain to me in simple words what I need.

I already told you in my first post that all you need to do is upgrade your PSU and video card for your Dell and you will be fine.

As was said many times before, we need a budget to do this.

620w isn't enough for a 690. 550w is enough for a 680 though.
Honestly, no point in buying a 580 when for the same money you can have a 670.

Yup, get the 670 for the same price as the 580 for much better performance = winning.

And like others have said, we need your budget, what's the max you can spend on this build?

I already told you in my first post that all you need to do is upgrade your PSU and video card for your Dell and you will be fine.

PP, excuse me if I'm wrong, but I looked up the Dell Inspiron 531 Specs, it has a AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ CPU, wouldn't that create a huge bottle neck with a high end card like the GTX 670? (Or any card in NVIDIA's 600 series).

I don't really have a budget Im just gonna basically save up money get a part save up money get a part ect ect. And the whole thing is with upgrading my psu is that idk if that would work. Like my thing say I KNOW NOTHING and I do wann build this new comp from the ground up as my summer project...Honestly if someone could just like give me a list of parts tht will be good for gaming that would be good for a first timer and give me what i want that would be cool.

Thanks to anyone who reads and has the patience for my newbyness :)

Yup, get the 670 for the same price as the 580 for much better performance = winning.

And like others have said, we need your budget, what's the max you can spend on this build?

PP, excuse me if I'm wrong, but I looked up the Dell Inspiron 531 Specs, it has a AMD Athlon 64 X2 5600+ CPU, wouldn't that create a huge bottle neck with a high end card like the GTX 670? (Or any card in NVIDIA's 600 series).
He wants a build to play WoW on high. Slap a 560 in there and it'll be fine. My friend used to game on my server playing BF3 on medium with a 6000+ and 465.

I don't really have a budget Im just gonna basically save up money get a part save up money get a part ect ect. And the whole thing is with upgrading my psu is that idk if that would work. Like my thing say I KNOW NOTHING and I do wann build this new comp from the ground up as my summer project...Honestly if someone could just like give me a list of parts tht will be good for gaming that would be good for a first timer and give me what i want that would be cool.

Thanks to anyone who reads and has the patience for my newbyness :)
Small steps. You need to learn with the computer you currently have to make it do what you want FIRST, before possible screwing up a new build if you really aren't that confident.

All you need to do is simply replace 2 parts in your machine to get what you want and you can leave the summer project for that, a summer project when you have more time to do full research on the project.

I recommend buying this PSU.
Newegg.com - CORSAIR Enthusiast Series TX650 V2 650W ATX12V v2.31/ EPS12V v2.92 80 PLUS BRONZE Certified Active PFC High Performance Power Supply

And this GPU.
Newegg.com - MSI N560GTX-Ti-M2D1GD5/OC GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 1GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

Replacing the PSU is very easy. You simply unplug all the power cables inside the computer, take out the box, put the new one in, plug everything back in.

I have 1.87 gigs of memory should I buy some more RAM cuz i think video cards need a certain amount of memory. and thank you for that last post it was helpful.

Mmk well then il get started on getting that PSU and GPU thanks for the feed back guys :)

Would have been more helpful for his post to elaborate. No, you don't need more RAM for the video card, BUT you could use 4GB of RAM. Problem there, is DDR2 isn't cheap anymore and you would need to buy a 64bit OS. Something else you can do later to learn how to install Windows from scratch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom