Weird problems regarding laptop. Help!

Just run the Windows utility for the Fujitsu drive utility.

HD Tune isn't really what we want to use in this case. HDTune is to view read/write performance. You can try installing it, because it does have a SMART monitor on it that will read SMART data from the drive, but it won't actually run any diagnostics on the drive. If you would like to do this, just the basic version is fine.

@MoM: SeaTools doesn't always let you run the extensive tests on non-SeaGate drives. However, you can still try it if you like:
http://www.seagate.com/support/downloads/seatools/

Download the Windows version on the Downloads tab, as well.

Ok, so I downloaded the Fujitsu Toshiba Windows Diagnostic Tool Ver. 1.12 (For IDE/ATA/SATA Hard Drives), but its telling me I need Admin authority. How do I enable it again?

Right click the executable or shortcut > Run as Administrator > Click "Yes" to the UAC prompt.

Ok, I can't use the Fujitsu stuff, it won't even let me select the HDD. I'll try downloading SeaTools.

Ok, trying to install Seatools, and suddenly it gives me a "not valid Win32 application" error.

Did you download the "SeaTools for Windows" or "SeaTools for DOS" option? You should have downloaded the "SeaTools for Windows" one.

Try re-downloading; its possible the file got corrupted while downloading.

If it still didn't work, try downloading (again) with a different browser this time.

Back
Top Bottom