General advice please!

Status
Not open for further replies.
the graphics card is descent, there are much better cards out there, but that should be able to meet the minimum requirements for Doom 3, although I think it would lag a little bit - Doom 3 is a really heavy game

personally I don't like LCD's because they don't have high refresh rates, although you won't be gaming that often, and it's games that really need higher refresh rates
this is the only LCD monitor I found that supports 1600x1200 resolution, it's 20"

It has everything except expandibility .The graphics port is not specified/ only 1 PCI slot/

Yes it is AGP I e-mailed and asked.
Thanks. :)

What do you think of that Dell monitor too? Decent?

aight, um, i still say you find a nice viewonic LCD monitor cause they are the shizzle. but, the dell sounds nice, it's prolly one made by sony, and I love sony too. i hope it has a 16ms or faster refresh rate or else you won't be playing games on it, i know the viewsonic pro series has the fast refresh rate, plus, they are reliable. if you don't have the money to dish out for a viewsonic try to get a benq lcd monitor.

Hello. Thank you very much for your reply. :)

The Dell 19" TFT of the link I gave has a 20ms response, and a 800:1 contrast. This was pretty much good for the price of it - and the size of the screen. It has brilliant reviews too...

For light gaming, probably stuff like Sims2 I should be OK with that, right?

Thanks!

Well, I have seen 25ms, 16ms, and 12ms, i have never seen 20ms before, but it's only 4ms slower than my 16, so I guess that would be pretty good for simple gaming. Go for it if it's in your price range and you like it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom