New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.
i suggest getting a 10k rpm WD Raptor which can be either 36 or 74 gb. u can partition it in to 2 and use 1 partition for your OS n programs. the other partition can b used for games. ur OS, programs and games will load a lot faster. then u can get a larger capacity hdd 4 storage of other data. get them both SATA.

Buddy, if you can be convinced either way, then I'd definately go with a Pentium 4. A Pentium 4 560 @ 3.6 GHz (stock) would be your best choice. You should use an Abit AA8-DuraMAX board which is the one I use (it does some major overclocking) or the extreme Abit AA8-Fatality. The DuraMAX is still high-end though except it uses the 925X chipset instead of the 925XE. You should get a GeForce 6800GT 256MB and everything else said above. Get some SATA drives instead of IDE/UATA because the DuraMAX only has one IDE controller and 4 SATA, so that will be a bind.

therein lies the problem with an intel in this system, they are WAY more expensive, and i only have $1600

did you know that the Pentium 4's cannot process every 32-bit instruction there is?
the Sempron can process all 32-bit instructions, and it's AMD's version of the Celeron, which mind you does give pretty descent performance
the Athlon 64's can not only process all 32-bit instructions, but they can process 64-bit instructions too, plus they are less expensive than Pentium 4's

3.2GHZ P4: $380 aus (socket 478) or $355 (socket 775)
Athlon 64 3200+ socket 939: $299
at www.scorptec.com.au

Intel have got to 3.6GHZ so far, whereas Athlon 64's have got the 4000+ and FX-55

now I don't want to start a flame war with anybody, so I'll say what's fair: Pentium 4's do perform well, and are a descent CPU

So no other complete systems like PizzatheHut06's?
if not, setting up deal for best of what i can afford based on all suggestions,
thanks guys! :)

quick question thats OT, does xp pro give a visible preformance boost or drain? or make it easier/harder to OC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom