Blu Ray RW issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

darkstar1978

Solid State Member
Hello All ,

The issue that i am having is this :

I purchased an LG BD rewriter (HL-DT-ST_BD-RE__BH10LS30) 1 year ago , And over the course of a year I burned 50-60 BD50 and BD25 discs . This was with Win7 ultimate SP1 , Now I reinstall my OS and get it up to SP1 (fully updated) and i try to read one of my dics that i burned (Blu ray) and it doesn`t read it , It doesn`t spin up or down the drive just stays silent and this is the case for ALL the burned media . When i try to access it through MY COMPUter it asks me how do i want to treat the disc as , USB Flash drive or a cd/dvd player - but with that paticular option shaded out I am at a loss at what is making it do this .......... does anyone here have any ideas ?

Go into Device Manager and make sure the disc drive shows up, and that there are no 'unknown devices'.

The disk shows up , In my computer it gives it the tag : BD RE Drive . DvD discs will work in the drive , And i assure you IT IS A BLU RAY DRIVE . And to clarify your reply ; there are no unknown devices (even under hidden view)

Go to the start menu, type 'default', and open the 'Default Programs' option.
When that opens, go to 'Change Autoplay settings'.
See if you can set it to do something with Blu-Rays by default (such as 'Open folder').

did you even READ my original post ??

I CAN NOT ACCESS THE MEDIA INSIDE THE DRIVE ! The fact that the disc doesnt spin up or down (If you know what that means )
when inserted or that it asks me how it wants to treat the "media inside the drive" Tells ME that it is more than a SIMPLE autoplay settings problem !!!!!!

I figured if you could change the Autoplay settings to do something automatically, rather than prompt you (since it was giving you issues when prompting), it would spin up the drive to try and accomplish it.

Is it an internal or external drive? My guess is, since it's getting confused whether it's a mass storage device or optical drive it's an external USB one. If that's the case, see if there's any proprietary drivers required for it that it hasn't found for this OS install for some reason.
To my knowledge, BDR capability isn't native to Win7 so that seems likely (which is why I originally asked you to check in Device Manager), and explain why DVD playback is working but BDR isn't. That's also still the case if it's an internal drive.

So yes, I did read your original post.

My autoplay setting is always set to prompt user for an action .
It Is a SATA 2 internal device ,(I did give you the name and model of the drive ) And since it was a retail box and not OEM i have still got the software included which i have already installed . Cyberlink`s BD adviser recognizes it as a BD capable drive . I have even tried to change sata channels internally and still the same result . plus i have also attempted to update the drivers "by searching online via the option in device manager" wich just says the drivers installed are the most current .

http://youtu.be/OuFp4Di27EI here is a video of whats happening ...

I have already updated the firmware to the latest version .... Last week Thinking that might solve the error i was getting . I actually thought it might have something to do with SP1 but no it seems not . What is annoying me is that if it was a problem with the "reading mechanism " unless blu ray drives have two (one for each media type) then it shouldnt read any disc . i am getting the distinct impression that it is more software related than hardware ..

So you're already on 1.01? And yes, BD drives generally have 2 lasers: 1 for BR discs and one for DVD discs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom