No signal detected after installing water cooling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arduwyn

Baseband Member
So, my cpu was overheating and I decided to get a closed cpu water cooling system for my computer (corsair H70 core); i had to completly take apart my computer and install it. so each part including the motherboard. When I took the heatsink off, the cpu stuck on the heat sink without the lever being unclamped from the PGA. I was slightly concerned, but I installed the water cooler and rebuilt the system. When I tried to power it on I got a no signal. after about an hour of trying to get it to work I was able to rule out the cables, monitor, graphics card, PSU... so I'm not sure now. Could a dead cpu cause a no signal detected or is this most likey the montherboard... no odd beep error codes though which is odd if it were the cpu or motherboard..

I used to repair computers for a living, but I have moved onto enterprise networking so I'm kind of out of the stand alone computers game.

The graphics card works in another computer, my monitor can display my laptop, and I have tried three different cables.

Well water and silicon parts generally don't mix lol :) But if you identified the problem then I guess you don't need us :) Mark the thread as Solved

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom