Be needing a new graphics card :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

monvad22

Beta member
right.
My graphics card is pretty out of date/mockworthy (Nvidia 8500GT) and I have decided its time for an update.
My computer apart from the graphics is very sound and I don't think I'll have a problem running most cards, Just need some opinions on what card/cards to get!
BULLETPOINTS
- willing to spend (maximum) £200 (maybe a tad more >< )
- I have 2 PCIe 16x slots (although one runs at 4x -.-)
- I am very interested in running crossfireX :3 (ITS TWO CARDS IN ONE :omg:)(my motherboard supports it!)
- It is kinda wanted for HD video n stuff (like editing)
- mainly wanted for gaming, not completely high end (BF3 at full spec(unless I could buy that with my budget?)) but I want to be able to run new games for the next few years without upgrading again!
I think that most things... Oh! I only have 450W PSU but I was going to upgrade that if I needed to! That reminds me... Any good PSUs people recommend?
Thanks! :D

What are the rest of your computer specs?

I would personally go with something like the 6850, but yes you would have to upgrade your PSU to go with it. A 600w or better will cover this easily.

You're definitely going to be needing a bit more $ since you're going to need to upgrade your PSU. 450W isn't BAD, but since you have $321 (converted your currency to dollar) to spend on a graphics card, that can easily buy you a GTX 560 Ti. Don't worry too much about crossfirex, your budget isn't enough and you can get a better setup in the end buying 1 GTX 560 Ti, OR one of the 7xxx series of AMD Radeon cards. The PSU is what's holding you back.

edit: Don't take my word for this, I'd wait for someone with more experience but this Power Supply looks crazy good for $100, and last time I was active around the techist.com, EarthWatts weren't bad. The only downside is that it isn't modular. Also has a 15% off promo code that ends 5/16/12.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...p=Cat_Power_Supplies-_-Spotlight-_-17-371-051

That leaves you with $221 to spend for a graphics card, assuming that PSU is good.

Don't do Crossfire as that 4x slot will kill performance.

I suggest a single card upgrade and a PSU upgrade. As was suggested, lets see the rest of your specs.

right!
Motherboard : Asus M5A88-V Evo
Processor: AMD FX-8 Eight core 8150, (3.1ghz I think)
8gb Ram
I think thats all I need to list...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom