keyboard skipping while typing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

delbuort

Beta member
My computer starting acting funny a couple weeks ago, about the same time I started getting a nasty little message about my hard drive going to fail iminantly. My keyboard started to skip while I was typing. It's not like it would take a second to two to catch up, it just wouldn't register anything I typed. I would have to wait for it to quit doing whatever it was doing (usually about a two seconds) and then it would work again. It did it about every 10-15 key strokes. My mouse also started freezing while I was trying to move it.

I replaced my hard drive tonight and it is still doing the same thing. I have no idea what could be causing it.

The computer is a HP Pavilion ZE4145 (notebook) running Windows XP.

Any ideas?

is it an usb keyboard? if so have you checked the status of your usb in the system properties and bios? maybe your bios could use a flash .. if nt then maybe its time to get a new ten dollar keyboard or borrow one from a friend to see if its the keyboard or your system thats acting up ..

Definintly not spyware or adware. I just installed a new hard drive and it's never been on the internet. Not the USB connection on the keyboard, it's a laptop, no connection to check... is there?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom