Are these compatable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
mmmm, the only thing i can help with is the 2 cpus... you have hyperthreading, hyperthreading allows your computer to bite off two chunks of data at once, and registers as 2 processors, the rest, i dont know

Hi,

Got it working. But hlaf life 2 seems to be very laggy, even on the lowest setting! What could be the cause of this?

Thanks

install the latest drivers for your graphics card, and go to Microsoft's website and install DirectX 9.0c
also, Leonidas was asking what graphics card you had. your graphics card may not be very fast causing HL2 to be slow. HL2 and Doom 3 require a lot more graphics card power than previous games
if you want to upgrade your graphics card, try and get at least a Radeon 9600 XT, or if you're willing to spend more money, get a Geforce 6800

This shouldnt lag surely!? I set everything to low and I still got the same amount of lag as on my recommended settings!

What could be the cause of this? What have I not installed?

Anyone please help!

Ciaran

you should be ok on low settings, 5700 isn't too horrible... but you may want to look at the 6600 once it comes out in AGP, which shouldnt be too long now, the pcie version sells for 150 so keep an eye out

i ran tests on www.pcpitstop.com my CPU and memory were giving poor performance. I just looked at my CPU, took it out and put it back in. Done the tests again and its fine! In HL2, can play medium everything, 2xAA - AF and 1024 x 786 resolution.

Thanks for help everyone!

Ciaran

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom