First boot problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
But it shows up in BIOS, correct? It doesn't really matter that much what port the SATA drive is in; it's not like IDE with master/slave configurations.

But it shows up in BIOS, correct? It doesn't really matter that much what port the SATA drive is in; it's not like IDE with master/slave configurations.

I'm not sure. Sorry, I've never had to deal with BIOS before and I'm totally lost right now.
I'm not sure where to look for it. When it was in the other setting I found out it was there by looking at the master/slave configurations. But, now I don't really see it anywhere.

Check the boot order; that's the easiest place usually. Is the drive listed there? Or is it listed anywhere in the BIOS? Just browse around, and check if you can see it anywhere.

Check the boot order; that's the easiest place usually. Is the drive listed there? Or is it listed anywhere in the BIOS? Just browse around, and check if you can see it anywhere.

Under the boot order it lists "Hard Disk" as an option for the order, but I'm not sure if this actually indicates that it's there or not?
Besides that list, I'm not really seeing it anywhere.
And when I tried booting the disk again, it just hangs at verifying dmi.

An easy way to check, is to access the Boot menu (not in the BIOS, but you access it to boot off of something: usually the F12 key). Check to see if it's listed as an option in the boot menu.

After setting to AHCI, have you tried to boot to the install disc and install Windows yet? I'm just curious to see if it's working.

An easy way to check, is to access the Boot menu (not in the BIOS, but you access it to boot off of something: usually the F12 key). Check to see if it's listed as an option in the boot menu.

After setting to AHCI, have you tried to boot to the install disc and install Windows yet? I'm just curious to see if it's working.
I checked all over the BIOS menu and I'm not seeing it. And on the boot order it just lists "hard disk".

Have you tried the installation again since you set it to AHCI? Does it detect the disk?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom