Notice: Change in the Infraction System

I would assume it is the same as a normal infraction I guess? Maybe Trotter may know. As for the post K made that's exactly what I mean! Someone that repeatedly does something wrong is more likely to get a perma ban than a temp ban. :) (OOPS lol I just said exactly what K said oh well! lol)

Oh and btw Trotter must have a REALLY sore head if he keeps banging his head on his keyboard!

Ever hear the saying "History Repeats Itself". Given a history of infractions shows that people have done this before and continue to do it. Thus giving anyone a reason to issue a perma ban over just a temp ban. If it can be shown that no matter the amount of infractions a person continues to violate the rules, then why keep them on the site to continue the vicious circle. Sometimes it is better to cut the person loose than to have to deal with the problem constantly.

That is why it matters if you have repeat offenses. While they may be expired, they show your history and we can learn from that history to know if it will be worthwhile to keep someone or to ban them outright. Some people just dont learn until it is to late.

Good explanation, Mak. You guys run a forum better than anyone I've ever seen. I admit, the first infraction I had is because I was way out of line. The second one was a mistake with the swear filter... Thanks, Soul :tongue:

Good explanation, Mak. You guys run a forum better than anyone I've ever seen. I admit, the first infraction I had is because I was way out of line. The second one was a mistake with the swear filter... Thanks, Soul :tongue:

I have to agree with him. You guys are like the best Admins I have ever seen.

We try to be as open with members as we can.

Exactly. There is no reason for us to hide. While we dont share everything that happens behind closed doors, in a manner of speaking, we will share more than most other sites. This way you guys feel as much a part of the site as we are. You feel connected to the site more cause you know more. If we hide this information and only give you bits and pieces, then you feel left out and more like a statistic more than a member.

Exactly. There is no reason for us to hide. While we dont share everything that happens behind closed doors, in a manner of speaking, we will share more than most other sites. This way you guys feel as much a part of the site as we are. You feel connected to the site more cause you know more. If we hide this information and only give you bits and pieces, then you feel left out and more like a statistic more than a member.

That is a very good way of putting it. I actually got banned from windows 7 forums for putting a heap of subscription emails in my junk folder. The ban is perma. SO ANNOYED about it too! They appear to have banned my IP address.

I actually got banned from windows 7 forums for putting a heap of subscription emails in my junk folder. The ban is perma. SO ANNOYED about it too! They appear to have banned my IP address.

Banning seems like overkill but I can understand the annoyance on their part. Depending on your mail provider, dumping those e-mails into a spam bin can get their servers blacklisted. It's a pita to undo the damage. So.... if you don't want e-mail from us PLEASE, PLEASE, either delete your subscriptions or ask us for help.

Back
Top Bottom