Upgrading my Gaming PC - Ivy Bridge upgrade costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's great, thanks. Would you suggest a superclocked version of the 670 for $20 more? I noticed it's only a few FPS difference (2-4) for most games, nothing noticeable it seems.

Hey PP, I've been looking at the various UEFI bios, and I noticed some have mouse cursor utility and some don't, is there a keyword in the motherboard name that hints the mouse cursor functionality in the UEFI bios?

Hey PP, will I even notice a fps increase with a physx card assisting a GTX 670, or will the GTX 670 do all the magic as far as performance goes? None of the games I play are PhysX capable so I'm guessing there's not really an FPS increase in non-physx games?

Hey PP, will I even notice a fps increase with a physx card assisting a GTX 670, or will the GTX 670 do all the magic as far as performance goes? None of the games I play are PhysX capable so I'm guessing there's not really an FPS increase in non-physx games?
You basically answered your own question lol. And even with PhysX games having an extra card is sort of a damned if you do, damned if you don't type of thing. Having a really fast card with a slower card for PhysX will actually decrease FPS. Adding a crappy card to a crappy card for PhysX will slow it down too. The only thing good an extra card for PhysX does is up Vantage points for AMD users.

I see yeah I was gonna pair it with my GTX 460, but I'll sell it instead :D

One more thing PP, I'm going to be getting the 670 first before the i5/motherboard, will I be bottlenecked by my 1055t running at 3.4 Ghz?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom