Could use some help from some computer know hows

Status
Not open for further replies.

moondawg009

Solid State Member
Hi i am trying to purchase a new computer that can run WoW and SWTOR on moderate to high settings smoothly, im not sure if anyone is familiar with the system requirements of each but the machine i am looking at the specs are here:

[h=1]CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra 2107 Desktop PC AMD FX-Series FX-6100(3.3GHz) 8GB DDR3 1TB HDD Capacity Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 Ti 1GB Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit[/h]Just wanted to see if this would do the trick and if not how much more i would need to upgrade, i am as computer ignorant as they come and any help is appreciated thanks.

the limiting factor here is the video card.

what is your budget? Putting together your own computer is easy and fun. Would you even consider it? You can probably get better performance for the same amount of money.

no id rather not build my own computer my budget it about 600-750ish and which game is it a problem for both or just one?

i would say that the system your looking at to purchase would be a good buy. It has a great graphics video card, massive storage and exceptional enough memory to run the games you would like to play. I don't think you would need any upgrades...at least for now.

I think that PC will max out both games, definitely will max out WoW.

I wasnt too sure about it maxing SWTOR because Game Debate recommends a better graphics card but i found this on Youtube suggesting it will.

I just want to be sure so i found the system requirements for SWTOR:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
Intel core 2 duo 2.0 GHz or better

Graphics card: ATI X1800 or better
nVidia 7800 or better
intel 4100 integrated graphics or better

RAM: Windows 7: 2 GB of RAM

I'm pretty sure this machine will plow through WoW im just not sure about SWTOR

Also is the machine up gradable?

i would say that the system your looking at to purchase would be a good buy. It has a great graphics video card, massive storage and exceptional enough memory to run the games you would like to play. I don't think you would need any upgrades...at least for now.

Just like to point out to the OP that the Graphics card is great for what you want to do. It is a relatively low end card and wont max out games like BF3 etc.

Ok thanks yea all i want to do is play both those games on moderate to high settings and have it look nice and run smoothly.

I just want to be sure so i found the system requirements for SWTOR:

Processor: AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core 4000+ or better
Intel core 2 duo 2.0 GHz or better

Graphics card: ATI X1800 or better
nVidia 7800 or better
intel 4100 integrated graphics or better

RAM: Windows 7: 2 GB of RAM

I'm pretty sure this machine will plow through WoW im just not sure about SWTOR

Also is the machine up gradable?

It will easily run it. The link to youtube i posted above is proof of that.

The requirements you posted are the minimum requirements to run it, the system you have picked out far surpass the requirements.

Yes you will be able to upgrade it. you can always upgrade to a better card if need be. This PC will last a few years (the only thing you will have to upgrade if you want to max games will be the graphics card).

Glad to help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom