Upgrading my Gaming PC - Ivy Bridge upgrade costs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

iceyc0ld

In Runtime
Hello everyone. So in a month roughly I'll be upgrading the computer in my signature and wanted to start getting an idea of prices but I have a few concerns.

I. How much of an upgrade will an i5 3570k be for me over my 1055t (my 1055t is oc'd to 3.4Ghz)? Keep in mind I have a Coolermaster V6 GT so I can do overclocking with the i5.
II. Will I see much of a performance increase upgrading my graphics card to something around the $250 range? I was thinking maybe a GTX 560 Ti but I've googled around it doesn't seem like a big upgrade from the GTX 460, so what's the next big thing? (Someone buy me a GTX 690! :p) I found this for GTX 460 vs GTX 560 Ti AnandTech - Bench - GPU11
III. Will my power supply support all of this? I think so, but just making sure.
IV. How much $ am I looking at spending with a Ivy Bridge upgrade, a new graphics card, and a 500GB hard drive (could be green, don't need speed on this one)? Or an SSD, I wouldn't mind dropping data space for some speed.

I can spend $600, which I believe covers the Ivy Bridge upgrade and the hard drive, but I'm debating on the graphics card, what do you guys think? About the motherboard, I would like one of those mouse bios, they look nice, a nice change from the regular arrow key bios. And some Crossfire/SLI compatibility just in case.

Thanks a lot guys.

1 a considerate upgrade. *
2 Next best upgrade from that would be a 570 or 7870.
3 Your PSU will be fine.
4 350-400 for cpu and mobo, 250-300 for GPU. Doesn't leave much room for anything else.

* V6 GT wont allow much room for OC on the i5. Stock vs your current OC will still be a nice upgrade. I'd say you could do 4.2ghz on the i5.

I could increase my budget to fit in the 580 I wanted a card that would last me for a bit and gives great performance paired with the i5. Will the 580 still be a good card considering the 680s and 690s NVIDIA is releasing?

Oh and don't worry about linking me parts I'm buying all of this next month.

I could increase my budget to fit in the 580 I wanted a card that would last me for a bit and gives great performance paired with the i5. Will the 580 still be a good card considering the 680s and 690s NVIDIA is releasing?

Oh and don't worry about linking me parts I'm buying all of this next month.
Look at my sig :thumbsup: I plan on keeping this rig around for about 3 years if I can.

Well, I don't doubt that the GTX 580 will last endurance-wise but in terms of performance would I be left behind a lot considering the 680 and 690 are out?

Okay, what is the best performance/price ratio build I can get with a GTX 580, including that 500GB Hard drive? Forget there was ever a $600 budget like I said, as cheap as possible while still getting a good mobo and good gtx 580 version (nothing ridiculous, no need for BBQ compatible motherboard).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom