CMOS Reset now PC won't turn on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

corei5

Baseband Member
Hello, I reset my cmos for few seconds, then i unplugged the power supply cable as well. After resetting the cmos the whole computer seems not turning on, seems like there's no power at all as even the mouse and keyboard doesn't have any light. Kinda made me worry :( this isn't the first time i reset my computer cmos but never had this kind of problem.

4GB RAM
Asus MoBo p7p55d-e pro
PSU: 700w

Hello, I reset my cmos for few seconds, then i unplugged the power supply cable as well. After resetting the cmos the whole computer seems not turning on, seems like there's no power at all as even the mouse and keyboard doesn't have any light. Kinda made me worry :( this isn't the first time i reset my computer cmos but never had this kind of problem.

4GB RAM
Asus MoBo p7p55d-e pro
PSU: 700w

Why did you need to reset the cmos, was there a configuration problem going on ?
You could try this, unplug the cd/dvd drive and hdd, temporarily.
Next use only a usb or PS2 keyboard, no usb components should not be connected at this time.

If you see that little jumper on cmos, put it reset, turn on the machine for about 10 seconds, and hit the power button for it to shutdown.
Once you notice the motherboard is not getting any more power move your ram into a another slot.

I recommend slot 2 if your using a intel system.
Finally put the jumper back on normally and see if it comes on.
If anything it should come back on and beep at you with a error message.
By the looks of it, you may have had a slight OC problem.
Intel LGA systems will do that by fully shutting down the system to try to reset everything at default.

Sometimes it does not help.. :p

Well its running now, although now theres nothing showing on the screen when I turn on the computer. I am totally sure the GPU is running as the fan is still running and it was working just this morning.

Could be the memory? Asus mobo has this memo_ok i think and the light is on and its red?

Just kept on swapping memory slots really and realised one of the memory is not properly in. My own fault so yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom