Are my parts good enough?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshTriton

Beta member
Hey guys I'm new to the forum and gonna be new to diablo... Never really gamed on a pc before (except for time killing browser games back in high school)....I started playing some minecraft about a month ago on my laptop and it lagged during rain and if it was set any higher than tiny view...so I decided to do a build for that and diablo.. Diablo will now be the only game being played on the build(since i now play minecraft on xbox) so im not concerned if I can run crisis 2 maxed out settings, I just want to play d3 with no problems...

So my friend had some spare parts from a previous build of his, and he gave them to me, I wanted to see if A. They are any good for gaming and B. what else I need(remember I just want parts for D3, not worried about future proofing or things so I can play cod or bf3)

So the parts I have are
Case
Mobo: GIGABYTE GA-MA785G-UD3H AM3/AM2+/AM2 AMD 785G HDMI ATX AMD Motherboard
Processor:quad core amd
Ram: Corsair vs2gb800d2. (x2), prolly need more than 4gb ram?
Monitor: dell in1910n. 18.5". 1366x768 resolution

I know I need a power supply because the one he gave me only does like 350w...so a good inexpensive one there
And what graphics card is good that I'll be happy and won't crap out on me, but don't have to break the bank on?
also need a hard drive I was think western Digital blue Caviar
And will any cheap DVD drive work?
Oh and I know I have to buy a few fans so im not concerned about those but what is over clocking and do I need it for this game?

Dont have a budget but can't spend too much cause I'm getting married in July so I gotta save for that...this is basically gonna be cash from selling off some lacrosse equipment and such...so if you can do your best to keep the prices down

Thanks in advance

Welcome to the forum.

Where are you at? it'll help find nearby shops and prices.

Overclocking is speeding up the cpu by fiddling with options in the BIOS.. It makes more heat though.

You just need a decent video card, power supply, case, dvd drive, and hard drive. Oh and Windows
If you really want to be cheap, and have no pets, you don't need a case ;) And yes any old dvd drive will work., and if your freind has an old copy of of XP thats just fine too.
4Gigs of RAM is just fine.

According to this:
Maximum Detail Benchmarks : Diablo III Performance, Benchmarked

This setup for $128.00, Will get you 55fps
Newegg.com - Computer Parts, PC Components, Laptop Computers, LED LCD TV, Digital Cameras and more!

The rest is more personal..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom