New GPU Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

RexDeusum

Beta member
Earlier this week I order some new parts for my computer. One this I ordered was this (EVGA | Products) new graphics card. When I start the system up the fan on the card starts to go, but my system gives the beep error code that the graphics card is not working. The two power connectors are in as they should be, and it is in the slot as it should be as well.

I am pretty sure that I installed it correctly because I followed all the steps outlined in the booklet. I am wondering if there are common ways for a GPU to be ruined because of a messup because I think that is the problem. I don't think it is a compatibility issue, but I could have overlooked something. If anyone has ideas on the subject, please post.

Info:
Motherboard: X231R 0X231R DP55M01 | Dell Studio Xps 8000 Motherboard X231R
PSU: Silencer Mk III 500W
CPU: Intel® Core

It goes 6 times and my booklet on the thing says it indicates a video card or chip failure.

Ye mighty . . . Thank you for all the help. That was the problem exactly! One of the two power connectors was not connected to the power supply (I had unplugged it to move my hard drive around :p). Now that sticker Powered by EVGA can finally knowthe company of my case. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom