System error

Status
Not open for further replies.

NACHO

Beta member
I have a problem with my startup. I have windows XP and I have had my computer for about 2 years. It has been working fine until recently. A couple days ago I was starting up the computer and then the system recorvery came up out of nowhere. so I followed the instructions. Now when I start my computer Right when the welcome screen should come up. a messege pops up that says
"lsass.exe system error."
(I'm not sure if that is a capital "i" or a lowercase "L")
it says something about a password . and It has an ok button. But even if I don't push the ok button it just loops and restarts and then the same thing keeps happening. Can someone please help me. I have all my homework and all on that computer lol.
I'll post the exact message that pops up on my next post.

NACHO,

If you can get into the safe mode, do a full virus scan and also check the start up programs in your msconfig. Anything suspicious, remove it.
If you cant get into safe mode, try the other options at 'F8' menu [last known good config..etc etc]
If nuthing works, just do a 'repair' using the windows xp cd.

sign
codes:)

I tried

Ok thank you guys for the info but my problem also is that when I go into safe mode the same thing happens, basically what I'm saying is that I cant get into the computer. It just keeps restarting. is there anythign I do in the bios setting. or anything. or do you know what button to push to get to the "system recovery screen" before the computer starts up. I know there must be a way because I got to it somehow I jsut don't remember.
And if I do a repair with the XP disc will it delete all my things on the computer. like basically re install XP.

NACHO,

'Repair' doesnt delete your stuff. It just replaces the system files. I think repair is the best option you have now.

When it starts keep hitting F8 and when it gives you the option choose start with last known good configuration.

AGAIN

Ok Umm. The last known good configuration thing doesn't work. the same thing happens. When using the XP recovery disc can u use it like during start-up like when installing linux. Do I pop it in the drive during startup. Thanks for everything I'm going to try it. Hopefully it works. But if it doesn't work. Is there a way of taking off the data on my computer. Like pulling the hard drive and putting it in another computer as a sub drive. Would that work?

NACHO,

yes, you can connect your hard disk as slave to another system and copy data from your hard disk to the connected system disk.

connecting

OK. How do I do all that, connect it to another system and make it a slave? So I can copy all my stuff off of the computer. I've never done it before. It it very hard or anything. Thank you for all the help. I really appreciate it.

NACHO,

Its simple . Remove HDD from your computer. Then

Now move to the other system.

1) The simple way to connect is to remove CD-ROM/DVD-ROM data cable ( thin 40 pin cable) and connect it to your HDD (luk at pic)
2) Take any 4 pin power cable available , and connect it to your HDD,.(luk at pic)
3) No need to change any jumper settings if you connect it this way.
4) Now start your computer (p.s: I assumed you turned off your computer before doing above 3 steps :rolleyes: ) . Windows should detect your drive , and you can copy contents from one drive to another.

Drvcon01.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom