DELL INSPIRON 1525 starts then keeps restarting in a loop

Status
Not open for further replies.
Read this online, about that same problem. But a different system:

1. On start up (Dell logo), press F2 to enter BIOS

2. Expand the "Drives" section

3. Go to "SATA Operation"

4. Change this from "RAID Auto/AHCI" to "RAID Auto/ATA"

Dunno if that's relevant, but this is what the BSOD error corresponds to.

No there may be not ..
Since you got too many restarts .. that's damaged the system ..

STOP: 0X0000007B is because of changing SATA operation in the bios .. but too many restarts will damage the system and there is no way to run the system normally even after returning this option to the one was when installing system ..

but there is something you shuold know :
STOP: 0X0000007B can be caused by moving system from computer to another without using the windows Deploy methods .. I mean moving the whole system or in some times moving settings and data by backup methods ..

however .. I guess you have to re-install windows .
:)

If you have your XP disc, boot off of it. Press R to go into the Recovery Console. Type in:
chkdsk /f /r c:

Let it run, and see if you can boot into Windows after it's done. Note, it can take a decent amount of time to complete.

If you're running Windows 7, it's a little different to get into it.
Boot off of the Win7 disc, and when it's booted up click on "Repair my computer" in the lower-left corner. Go to the Command Prompt option, and type in the same above command.

i've searched a little about your problem .. I got 3 pages in google .. so it is very rare ..
that's for your all code ..
however .. is there a file name under the STOP: line ?

ex :
tcpip.sys - Address 0x00000000 base at 0x000000000 DateStamp 0x000000000

1) I don't have one. But will get one.

2) There is no file name below stop error, The error says:

"A problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer.

If this is the first time you've seen this stop error screen, restart your computer. If this screen appears again, follow these steps:

Check for viruses on your computer. Remove any newly installed hard drives or hard drive controllers. Check your hard drive to make sure it is properly configured and terminated. Run CHKDSK /F to check for hard drive corruption, and then restart your computer.

Technical information:

*** STOP: 0X00000007b...............

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom