Upgrading my CPU

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: CPU upgrading help

more than likely you can upgrade to at least an i5 2500k, but from what I can see it's a socket 1155, so I would venture to say you could go up to an i7 if you wanted.

The first link you showed will give you all the updates to your machine to date. just download them and follow the instructions. They have made stuff like that real user friendly. Then once you have all the updates you want done, then upgrade your CPU. there are many tutorials on both TF and the web about how to remove/install a CPU.

im on a close to 400 dollar budget on this upgrade so an intel is to much, and the amd proccesor im looking at is a 8 core for 180.

So if i were to just get an i5 or somthing, would that work with my current motherboard?

Im still having a bit of trouble deciding what to do, if i want an amd cpu i will need a new mobo, and if i get a new mobo i will need a new case. so if i were to get an intel core, could i just simply replace the one i have now without having to do anything else? this is my comp btw Gateway Support - Downloads & Support Documents - Desktop / DX Series / DX4860
Think of it this way, that 8 core is cheap for a reason.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom