New PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

GageMW

Daemon Poster
one pc, $1600 im leaning toawrds nvidia, and possible amd, i can be convinced either way, could some of you tech savy build me the pest possible pc with that amount?
it is an ENTIRE pc ethernet card monitor, speakers,operating system, everything, i PREFER to only buy from alienware or newegg, but id love to see what you guys can get me :D
thanks,
Gage

Yes, gaming, wow, thanks that was extremely fast,
I would still like to see as many variations as people have,
also for other people, i dont the pc to be crap unless OCed or impossible to OC, i have never OCed before but i would like to start now :) also, i may post again after christmas as i may have more (or less) money then and new things might come out or prices gone down, thanks in advance to all :)

sorry, tony, you did miss some things, i need Operating Sytem,speakers,sound card(not absolutely necessary,mobo sound is acceptable, not preferred), ethernet card and does case come with cooling system? heat sink etc...?

ok, heres what i can think of:
AMD 3500 90 nm 280
Abit av8 3rd eye 130
xms 3200XLPRO 1 gb 275
eVGA 6800GT 400
antec dragon case 50
TT 480 butterfly 70
windows xp home ??
200 gb seagate sata HD 130
samsung 19" CRT Flat 200
any speakers

oh and please post the total, for that system its $1364, so you may still be able to slip things you missed in, my budget could stretch to $1800, but please try and stay within $1600, thanks again :D

Here is my recommended system...

CPU- AMD Athlon 64 3500+...$272
Motherboard- ASUS A8V Deluxe...$129
RAM- 1GB (2x512MB) Corsair XMS PC3200...$204.27
Hard Drive- 120GB Western Digital IDE 7200 RPM...$82
Video Card- eVGA nVidia 6800GT...$399
Optical Drive- DVD/CD-RW Combo 52x32x52x16...$40
Case- Thermaltake XaserV w/ Antec 480watt psu...$155
Monitor- NEC 17" Flat Screen...$155
Speakers- Logitech X-120 2.0...$23
Keyboard- Aopen black keyboard...$8
Mouse- Microsoft Optical Mouse...$18
Ethernet Card- 3com 10/100 Ethernet Card...$25
Operating System- Windows XP Home OEM...$91

I don't know if these prices are all the cheapest, but I did this all on newegg.com because it's easier that way :) Your total comes to...$1601.27.

If anyone can think of any system components that I'm missing, post it. Otherwise, I think that would be a great system for gaming or anything else for that matter. Before I get roasted, I realize that the speakers, keyboard, and monitor are not top of the line, but I tried to focus the majority of the money on the components that would affect gameplay, such as the CPU and video card.

Hmm if you really want to get fancy and if you're still waiting a while to build...you might want to wait and get a 939 SLI motherboard with any of the previously mentioned setups and get a Geforce 6800 GT video card.

Then when you get the money or when the present 6800GT falls in price, add a second Geforce 6800GT video card to your system.
I don't think you'll be able to beat the performance of 2 6800GT viedo cards working at the same time anytime soon.

Here's one review showing how much better 2 video cards is then one.
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=2258

But who knows when the 939 PCI Express SLI boards will come out and if they'll be mostly bug free?

kay, thanks, i was wondering about pci-express, but i guess it would cost alot more, and budget top is $1800, thanks for including links and prices guys :) any more suggestions?

I would suggest a soundblaster audigy2 7.1 HD. for sound and Creative megaworx 71. for speakers. Oh and i would buy a SATA HD imstead.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom