Diablo 3 Desktop PC build for $500 or less

Status
Not open for further replies.

zdalgewicz

Beta member
Hey All,
I am trying to build a Desktop PC to play Diablo 3 on. It doesn't matter what settings as long as it plays smoothly without lag. I did a build on Cyber Power PC Intel configurator for $529. That was on lowest selection of everything without monitor and it is still overkill. I would like to have a case that I can upgrade significantly as I save more money down the road to be able to play more demanding games like Star Craft 2. No monitor is required for now as I will probably hook up via HDMI to my LCD TV. Cheapest possible build, $500 or less! I prefer Intel/Nvidia.
Thanks a bunch, this info will hopefully save me some money.

Hey All,
I am trying to build a Desktop PC to play Diablo 3 on. It doesn't matter what settings as long as it plays smoothly without lag. I did a build on Cyber Power PC Intel configurator for $529. That was on lowest selection of everything without monitor and it is still overkill. I would like to have a case that I can upgrade significantly as I save more money down the road to be able to play more demanding games like Star Craft 2. No monitor is required for now as I will probably hook up via HDMI to my LCD TV. Cheapest possible build, $500 or less! I prefer Intel/Nvidia.
Thanks a bunch, this info will hopefully save me some money.

Welcome to Tech-forums.net

Newegg.com - AMD FX-6100 Zambezi 3.3GHz Socket AM3+ 95W Six-Core Desktop Processor FD6100WMGUSBX
Blu-Ray Burner combo with cpu

Newegg.com - Western Digital Caviar Blue WD5000AAKX 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive -Bare Drive

Newegg.com - Galaxy 52GPS4HX2LXX GeForce GT 520 (Fermi) 2GB 64-bit DDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready Video Card

Newegg.com - ASRock 880GM-LE FX AM3+ AMD 880G Micro ATX AMD Motherboard

Newegg.com - Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 4GB 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model 991995
X2= 41.00

Newegg.com - Microsoft Windows Anytime Upgrade: Windows 7 Home Premium to Professional
You will start off with windows 7 home premium if you buy this.
You have a option upgrade pass this if you want windows 7 professional with valid key from online store or Microsoft.com

All this totalled down to is 486.00 with s/h prices

Over this year you may consider to chuck out the card and go higher or choose others for better gaming.
With this build you alot of room to grow in.

Don't know that its possible to get what you're looking for from home-built.

Mike's build is at $486 and missing a case, power supply, and optical drive.
I took a crack at it and got to $527 and missing a case and operating system (link).

What was overkill about the Cyber Power you spec'd out, other than the +$30 over budget?

You can always look on Craigslist or the local pawn shop as well. Sounds like if a 500 dollar machine is overkill, then go with a used cheap laptop.

What I meant was the Build on Cyberpower pc was still more than what I needed to play Diablo 3 which made me think that I could get for cheaper if I built it myself with less powerful processor and graphics card. heres the link to the build so you know what I am talking about. http://www.cyberpowerpc.com/saved/1E4YRX. I could afford this build but would like to save some money and gain some knowledge by building it myself if possible. I don't really care what brand anymore by the way. Thanks again.

But your not making sense... If you want to play Diablo III, then in the future, maybe something else more powerful... WHY LIMIT YOURSELF NOW?!?!

pick a budget; build the system, and be happy. Just because a machine is "overkill" for a game, doesn't mean it's not going to work!
If all goes well, your going to get it built, start playing it and then realize you F***ed up and didn't make a strong enough for something else...

In other words, think outside the bun, and don't limit yourself to a single game when doing this.

But your not making sense... If you want to play Diablo III, then in the future, maybe something else more powerful... WHY LIMIT YOURSELF NOW?!?!

pick a budget; build the system, and be happy. Just because a machine is "overkill" for a game, doesn't mean it's not going to work!
If all goes well, your going to get it built, start playing it and then realize you F***ed up and didn't make a strong enough for something else...

In other words, think outside the bun, and don't limit yourself to a single game when doing this.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...007671 600005574&IsNodeId=1&name=Phenom II X4
Between roarks build list and mine I have to agree with you nukem.
I think mostly everyone in this thread wants hm to get a good build for his dollars.
You have choices between the core i3 sandy bridge and this list including the recent amd fx4120- through hexa-core editions.

Hands down the Phenom series would chew right through a dual core I3 and still have a good amount of processing power for other usages.
I foud once case the other day and that would have put you at around 530.0
Pick the main components and what you can do without for the next few months.

If you want build around on a low buget I should go back a few posts and show you my celeron d 347 build up.
Only scraping on in with 140.00 it was enough to have something enjoyable and the gaming meh but who cares about that.... :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom