Installing my PowerChill p4 Copper Cpu Cooler Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProBaller25

Baseband Member
Hey guys i have a big problem.. Im kinda new to customizing pc's so dont think these questions are stupid ones please! Anyways i went to comp usa tonight and picked up a MAD DOG Power Chill Copper Cpu heatsink cooler for my Pent 4 comp. I go inside my comp to take off my old heatsink but i finally realized that on my mother board there is no place for me to plug in the 3 pin adapter Becouse i have to plug the fan into into power from the power supply then it goes to the speed controller but then i cant find a damn place to plug the last 3 pin into. . . Even if i where to take one of the fans off one of the slots on the mother board it doesnt fit in there either.. Am i missing somthing here? Any help would be much apreciated thanks.

u dont need to plug that in, unless u want to buy a 2-3 pin adapter to plug it in somewere. But you do not need it

If the fan is connected through a female molex, then the 3-pin connector is to be connected to the motherboard for monitoring purposes only.

So all i need to do is hook the big white plug into one of the open white plugs and thats it? Also the heatsink thats on my cpu right now has the brass tubes coming off it the new heatsink im gonna put on there does not will this effect anything?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom