Baseband Member
A new build, about 1 month.

Motherboard: MSI P67-GD80
PCU: Intel i5 2500k
GPU: Radeon 7950
RAM: Vengaence 2x4 Gb
PS: Corsair 750w
SSD: Intel 510 120 Gb

Has been running well, a couple of days ago it started booting to the Bios, I hit escape save then it usually goes to Windows 7, sometimes it loops back to the Bios screen. The SSD firmware is up to date, same with all drivers. Any help? Thanks.

Yes, cables are fine, someone told me to try another HD. All I have is a laptop HD with no cable to connect it to the motherboard.

I contacted MSI, they weren't sure what was happening, they sent me a new driver, after installing I still get the No Hard Drive Detected message but it boots to windows now.

Wait how does windows boot if it's saying no HDD??? Because that is just strange...... Is your BIOS up to date? You said your drivers were good so no worries with them. What about windows itself? Any strange occurrences? Check the event log for anything out of the ordinary. Post back when this is done.

I doubt Windows would post anything about this. Windows isn't crashing, it just cannot always see the SSD when starting up. Try a new SATA cable, or perhaps a different port on your board.

Looks you have enabled the raid in the BIOS and do not have a raid array and that what board is looking for. Simply disable the raid. Your problem will be solved.

Looks you have enabled the raid in the BIOS and do not have a raid array and that what board is looking for. Simply disable the raid. Your problem will be solved.

Are you sure this will work? Secondly this could be a heck of a lot more then a RAID array. But I guess it might work. Is this PC a laptop or Desktop PC? Because latops don't usually have RAID.

Are you sure this will work? Secondly this could be a heck of a lot more then a RAID array. But I guess it might work. Is this PC a laptop or Desktop PC? Because latops don't usually have RAID.

Not true. Several new ones have 2 HDD bays now. So they can RAID together.

And before we know, he has to try it.

Back
Top Bottom