Computer gradually getting hotter? Temp sensors off?

Status
Not open for further replies.

VistaGamer

Baseband Member
Perhaps about 2 months ago, when I bought a New CPU (AMD PHENOM II X4 975 BE) and GPU (Sapphire HD 6850) my computer would be able to run Runescape, and either youtube or any other 1 page and run at a temperature of around 44-49 degrees Celsius according to CoreTemp (my cpu's max temp is 62 degrees Celsius).

Ever since, without changing a nail, my computer heat readings have been getting hotter and hotter. I even had to lower the graphics settings on Runescape to minimal just to stay under 62 degrees Celsius. Today, with Runescape on low and either youtube or any other 1 page open at the same time, CoreTemp is giving me 57-60 degrees Celsius readings.

I even tried Runescape back on High Settings and CoreTemp gave me a reading of a whopping 63 degrees celsius.

The thing is, I touched the case when the temp was stabilizing around 59 degrees, and it didn't feel even close to that hot at all, more cold than warm even. The case fan was blowing ever-so-slightly warm air, as well. Leading me to believe that perhaps Coretemp's temp sensors aren't working correctly. The computer wasn't even on load for that long, so I can't see how it could have given such a hot temperature.

What's going on here? How should I proceed?

1) You should probably blow the dust out of your case (compressed air can, air compressor, end of a vacuum)
2) My temperatures always increase when summer comes around (by 2-5 degrees Celsius), this could be a factor depending where you live...
3) Replacing the thermal paste on your cpu may lower the temps as well

Yeah, I think dust is his biggest factor. 63C is fine on full load.

I'll get to cleaning my computer out, but i don't think Runescape and 1 other page is my computers max load (also, my cpu can only take 62 Celsius so 63 is an overload). I have the 974 BE as my CPU and 4 gb of ram. Is is still normal, considering that it isn't my full load? Or is there anything else I should look for

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom