Problems with Apollo M250

Status
Not open for further replies.

clarence1

Solid State Member
My Apollo M250 1 TB HDD recently started malfunctioning a little and I was hoping the people here could help me troubleshoot a little.

The HDD works perfectly fine when I connect it to the 2 desktops in my house.

However, when I try to connect it to my laptop (Aspire 4755G if it helps), the HDD does not appear in the 'My Computer' page. When I go into device manager though, I can see my HDD listed there.

Is the problem with the HDD or the laptop?

Thanks for the time taken

Right Click Computer (in the start menu), select Manage. Go to disk management on the left pane. Find your hard drive, and make sure there are no letter conflicts, or that it isn't initialized.

Post up a pic if you're not sure. ;)

I've found the hard drive in the disk management pane but how do i check for letter conflicts and initialisation?

right click the drive on the lower pane. To check for letter conflict, just change the letter to one further down the line, as M or something, where it wouldn't be anything near other letters. If it need to be initialized, it will be the only option when you right click it.

Well when I right click on the disk drive I see 'update driver software, disable, uninstall, scan for hardware changes and properties' so I assume it's already initialised. Do i change the driver letter by going into properties? and if so, which tab?

Sorry for failing at this basic task >_>

*facepalm* sorry for that silly mistake and thanks for all the help. it's working now. ^^

You should be seeing this:

diskm.png

Are you running Windows 7?

Ah yeah I went into the wrong part earlier, mindovermaster.carnage has cleared that up and the problem is fixed now. Thanks for all the help =)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom