Graphics issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soccerscode

Solid State Member
Not sure what is going on, but when i play games I get this like shaking effect in the middle of the screen, its like lines running down the screen, its not major its just annoying. Any ideas? Im running a gtx570 on an asus p8z68 pro gen 3. Checked all of the connections and there were all snug and it is still occuring. Any help is appreciated

If you are seeing colored lines appearing on the screen, the card is likely faulty or overheating.
Check your temps when under a GPU stress program such as Furmark.

Sounds like artifacting due to instability. I like the above suggestion, see if it can be replicated under Furmark and check the temps the card hits. If the temps seem excessive try reseating or replacing the graphics card's heatsink. If temps seem ok then it's possibly a power issue or a faulty card. Also try updating your drivers.

OK I think I found the problem, it was running at around 60 degrees C which I think is super hot. So I found the controls and turned the fan off of auto and am running it at around 38 degrees now, will see if that fixes the issue

ok it started doing it again on the stress test, think it is a faulty card??? Im going to try and make make sure everything is snug one more time

o ok then, well I guess when I built this thing i was not paying attention and put it in the second slot instead of first, going to try that.

UPDATE: Still doing the same thing. I have another one on the way, I was going to put 2 in anyways, if the other one works fine then I will return this first one and get a replacement

Doesn't matter what slot you put it in. But, yeah, try to see if the new one works OK. If so, your card is bad. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom