Can I run these together?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelieve

Solid State Member
Hello all. I have been trying to add more RAM to my computer. Currently I have a hynix 2GB DDR2 800 PC6400, and I was wondering if I could run my computer with another stick Apacer 2GB PC26400 CL5.
Thanks.

Not 100% sure, but honestly ram is not overly pricey anymore and would be better off getting a set. They like to give you fits if they are not the same

Where are you shopping at?

As stated above, getting a match set would be smartest. However if they are free/really cheap they should work, but run at the slowest of the 2.

Ok, I tried them and they seem to work fine. They are supposedly both 800mhz and 2GB. Yet I encountered a little problem. The startup details (usually that shows the processor things) won't show up. I will have to recheck though. THanks.

And which one of those two are faster? I would like to know the brand, and I tried running them together, and havock was created :). THanks for your help so far.

Most of the time some programs would shut down, but it got to a point where I could not turn on my computer. I removed one of the sticks and it worked fine, so that is a problem solved. Would it create problems if I were to run two of the exact same sticks?
Thanks.

EDIT: How can I check the CL number?
EDIT 2: Ok, I checked the timings and one is CL6 at 400mhz, and the other is CL5 at 400mhz. I tried running both, and the CL5 seems to run faster while booting, but during startup the CL6 is a bit faster... weird? Was this the reason why havoc was created? If I run two of those CL5, would it run fine without any problems? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom