RAM Interfering with CPU Fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

grunbold157

Beta member
I currently have 8GB (2x4GB) of RAM in my computer. I want to add 2 more sticks of the same thing to make it 16GB of RAM but I can't. This is due to my RAM interfering with my CPU Heatsink fan if I put one in the slot closest to the CPU. In other words I can only use 3 of the 4 slots. I need all 4. Im looking for advice on a good 120mm CPU Heatsink Fan that does well with overclocking and will be compatible with 4 sticks of my G.SKILL RAM. My current RAM and Processor models are linked below and I would like to keep the purchase for the CPU fan through the same website. Thanks!

RAM

Newegg.com - G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1600 (PC3 12800) Desktop Memory Model F3-12800CL9D-8GBRL

Processor

Newegg.com - AMD Phenom II X4 965 Black Edition Deneb 3.4GHz Socket AM3 125W Quad-Core Processor HDZ965FBGMBOX

Ripjaws fit under my TRUE when I had my 955 and I ran with all 4 slots full so I'm guessing you must have a low profile kit.

Just a warning, your chip wont OC that high with all slots occupied unless you feed the NB more voltage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom