GTX 460 to GTX 680

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody tell me why I shouldn't buy this: EVGA GTX 680 2GB GDDR5 Graphics Card: Amazon.co.uk: Computers & Accessories

.... I know that it's not a non-ref design but I'm something of an EVGA fan and I believe their customer support is some of the best in the biz?

Oh and now I'm considering getting an SSD too... and I'm wondering how easy it is to migrate systems? The SSD in question is an intel 520 and I know Intels are usually more expensive per gig than OCZ etc but I hear they come with some pretty sweet migration software.

Well, it's out of stock.

I think most/all 680s are out of stock currently. I was considering getting a Palit Jetstream instead of the EVGA card but I also know EVGA are releasing their FTW models in May/June period. Wish EVGA would do cards like the Direct CU, Twin Frozr etc. That's my only gripe with 'em.

I'm not in a rush to get one anyway, my 460 is still able to satisfy all games I play's needs for the most part.

I think most/all 680s are out of stock currently. I was considering getting a Palit Jetstream instead of the EVGA card but I also know EVGA are releasing their FTW models in May/June period. Wish EVGA would do cards like the Direct CU, Twin Frozr etc. That's my only gripe with 'em.

I'm not in a rush to get one anyway, my 460 is still able to satisfy all games I play's needs for the most part.
eVGA make the Classified and Hydro cards instead. They also utilize more R&D to making those 2win dual GPU cards. IMO these cards are usually better. The DirectCU II 580 is a total pain because the cooler is so large it bends the card. The Twin Frozr cards don't have reference PCBs which makes it hard to mount after market coolers on them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom