Thinking about getting an SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Druid

Fully Optimized
Trying to stay in the $100ish zone.

Newegg.com - Mushkin Enhanced Chronos MKNSSDCR120GB 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Newegg.com - Crucial M4 CT128M4SSD2 2.5" 128GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

I know little about SSD's, but the first one looks way better to me. 500 sequential read/write and up to 90 IOPs 4k. It doesn't list the read though, so I don't know what to make of that. I know the 4k bit is most important, but what is better for games, read or write? If anyone has a better suggestion, let me know. I'm really just picking stuff here.

An SSD will not help you with gameplay, per se. It just will help in loading maps and such. IMO, though I'd pertsonally go with the Crucial, but, meh, that's me.

Yea I'm pretty sure he just wants this to make BF3 load faster as what he said in the BF3 thread of mine. I would go with the Mushkin, but keep in mind you don't have any SATA3 ports natively on that board. So your read/write will be limited to around 285MB/s anyways.

IMO, though I'd pertsonally go with the Crucial, but, meh, that's me.

reason?

Yea I'm pretty sure he just wants this to make BF3 load faster as what he said in the BF3 thread of mine. I would go with the Mushkin, but keep in mind you don't have any SATA3 ports natively on that board. So your read/write will be limited to around 285MB/s anyways.

Yeah, I already figured that out. Is that gonna effect my 4k times that much?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom