Decided to go with This Build

Status
Not open for further replies.

jomoreb

Baseband Member
Just ordered these parts and getting ready to assemble them in a few days...what do you guys think

ASUS ENGTX560 TI DC2 TOP/2DI/2GD5 GeForce GTX 560 Ti (Fermi) 2GB 256-bit GDDR5 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready SLI Support Video Card

G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 24GB (6 x 4GB) 240-Pin DDR3 SDRAM DDR3 1333 (PC3 10666) Desktop Memory

Mushkin Enhanced Chronos 2.5" 120GB SATA III MLC Internal Solid State Drive (SSD)

Western Digital Caviar Black WD1002FAEX 1TB 7200 RPM SATA 6.0Gb/s 3.5" Internal Hard Drive

LG Black 12X Internal Blu-ray Drive 3D Playback & M-DISC Support SATA Model UH12LS29 LightScribe Support

Intel Core i7-3960X Extreme Edition Sandy Bridge-E 3.3GHz (3.9GHz Turbo) LGA 2011 130W Six-Core Desktop Processor

ASRock X79 EXTREME7 LGA 2011 Intel X79 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX Intel Motherboard

hec Zephyr MX 750 750W Peak Output ATX12V V2.3 / EPS12V V2.91 SLI Ready CrossFire Ready 80 PLUS Certified Active PFC Power Supply

LITE-ON DVD Burner - Black SATA

COOLER MASTER COSMOS II RC-1200-KKN1 Black Steel ATX Full Tower Computer Case

I hope my customer likes it....what do you guys think....oh by the way, I have heard an earful about the over priced cpu and better graphics but this is what the customer and I settled on.

What's the system to be used for?

And I know you said you've had an earful over the CPU choice but it's still a daft idea, if they're gaming like I assume.

Ah, well if they're dead set on the CPU then with those uses it's not nearly so much a waste.

Only thing I'd recommend is a better PSU, unless you know that to be a good brand (I've never heard of it). So yeah, something like a Corsair.

Yea I remember him mentioning other CPU and RAM intensive uses other than gaming so we were trying to tell him 3820 isn't the right choice. I still think the 3930k would have been a better option as it's still the same CPU with slightly less L3.

yeah...kinda decided to tryout the PSU brand...read some great reviews from people who bought it...certainly will stick to more popular ones like corsair...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom